Monday, August 06, 2012

Marcus. Last name...Salmon, maybe?

Had a dream a few nights back involving a  Russian killer. He most definitely wanted to kill me, at any rate. (I never found out why. Dreams are like that.)  The killer was a good 6 feet tall (6'2", to be precise), and he was bald, and had a bit of a long face...but it was....distinctive. Like, I *knew* him somehow...

Anyway, a few near-death instances happened, and I managed to escape, and things seemed great, because I woke up. (Thanks, cats!)

However, after feeding our furry alarm clocks, I went back to sleep....only to reenter my dream.

The killer was in a hotel, and now he'd put on a black wig. Of course, that disguise wasn't enough to conceal his identity. ...or was it? I was walking past him, and decided to act like I didn't recognize him. He grabbed my elbow as we passed each other, and he said, "I am Marcus. Don't you know me?"

And my brain, ever helpful organ that it is, decided to fill in rapid-flashback-style, all the murder attempts from the EARLIER dream. And I was like, "Oh yeah!" I *do* know you! (And seriously, I did. He was a "Hey, it's that guy!"...whose name was seriously escaping me....)

So, I freaked out, and threw Marcus down a flight of nearby stairs.

At which point, he dove INTO the fall, and kind of ...jumped like a salmon might while swimming upstream. He landed at the bottom of the stairs, unharmed, and told me that he used to be a salmon.

Which is the end of the dream - or all that I can recall, at any rate.

But it was still bugging me (in real life) WHO the actor was that "played" Marcus.

I knew if I saw the actor in something, I'd definitely recognize his face, so, today, just a few hours ago, I decided to google "Hey, it's that guy".

I went to the  third site that google turned up and ...ho.lee.... The VERY FIRST FACE WAS MARCUS!!

Mr. Ed Lauter was the Russian assassin who used to be a fish.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm impressed that you were so proactive in your dream! Even if it turned your foe into a fishman.