Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Check it out.

Awesome stuff seen in the past month:

Weeds - just the first part of season 1 so far, but really enjoying it. Oddly, the pilot episode was kinda meh in my opinion, but I think it's improved as it's gone on.

Pan's Labyrinth - visually a complete knockout. And disturbing in many many ways. Recommended.

Currently airing Season 5 of The Shield at work, and each Thursday I look forward to being able to screen the next episode. It's going to be so sad when I don't have new episodes anymore. When the hell is Season 6 coming out on DVD, anyway?

God is Dead fiction by Ron Currie Jr. - I finished reading this today. It's really really fantastic. Not really a novel, it's a collection of short stories that are all more or less connected - some share characters, all take place in the same universe - but on at least two separate occasions, after finishing one of the stories, I had goosebumps. Goosebumps! I believe God is Dead is his Ron Currie Jr.'s first work, but I will defintely be keeping my eye out for more from him in the future.

Pushing Daisies - airs on ABC on Wednesday nights at 8pm. (If you're in the US, you can also watch episodes on ABC.com) Best new series of the season. If it can maintain it's level of amazingness it might end up being the best series in the history of television. Really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Total agreement on Weeds - meh pilot, but it just keeps getting better.

Also ditto on the when the hell is season 6 of The Shield coming out? I am very anxious.

Amanda said...

Season 6 is very good. You won't be disappointed.

Amanda said...

Plus, any show that can seamlessly integrate singing "Birdhouse in Your Soul", knitted gun holsters, and a place called the "Pie Hole" has no way of becoming unawesome in my book.