Sunday, September 17, 2006

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's meal for me.

In honor of Talk Like A Pirate Day (September 19th), the Life Learners are having a get-together at Miranda's house where there will be much frolicking and feasting and fun.

Steph's been getting pirate garb together here and there for the girls (and herself) the past few days. They're gonna look really cool.

Today we went grocery shopping, and I started wondering what type of foods real pirates ate.
Here are some of the possibilities I came up with:

Fish.

Rum.

Pigs. (I don't know where they'd get 'em from, but when I think of pirates and food together, I imagine a roasted pig with an apple in it's mouth.)

Cap'n Crunch. (The official cereal of sea-faring folk)

Pop-Tarrrrts.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Limes.

Angela said...

Hardtack (also sea biscuit*) - A hard biscuit or bread made from flour and water baked into a moisture-free rock to prevent spoilage; a pirate ships staple. Hardtack has to be broken into small pieces or soaked in water before eaten.


*Not to be confused with the horse.

Simon said...

Biscuits.

Amanda said...

You feed your children grog?!? No wonder they sleep through the night!

Meghan said...

That last line made me laugh far louder than it should have.