Friday, February 09, 2018

nothing new under the sun

...did you try checking behind it?

Just having one of those afternoons where I can't seem to find the motivation to type up anything. On the bright side, I've finished (or will have, once I publish this) my blog post for today, so that's one thing down. still have a short history response, an english 102 discussion post to make, and some poetry to write. One thing at a time, I guess.

Relating back to the topic, for a second, what made me think of that was how part of what's holding me back (of getting started to write) is the feeling that, to quote the Barenaked Ladies, "it's all been done". (woo hoo hoo!)

And, yeah, it probably has, but, so what? Originality ain't all that, is it? I just read The Yellow Wallpaper for the first time ever, and it's been mimicked hundreds of times, but it was still a great short story.

Eh. I just went down the tvtropes rabbit hole for a while, and lost my train of thought, and my desire to even continue with it. Besides, I still have all that school work to do...

No comments: