Thursday, August 09, 2018

Doctor Doctor give me the news

the rest of that lyric doesn't apply to this, but whatevs. It's only slightly better than the first "doctor" related song that came to mind, which was Dr Feelgood.

Anyway, had a physical (sort of) today - basically it was the results from the last time I had a real physical (which was back in January).

Everything came back mostly normal. However...

I'm 161 lbs now. I don't have a scale, so I don't often get a chance to weigh myself, but i've been under 150 for ...well, for all my life, really, so that number came as a little bit of a surprise. Of course, I had on my shoes... and it's been a while since I've had a haircut. So.

Bloodwork results...

My glucose levels were near the high end of the normal range. So, the doc suggested cutting back on sugary drinks and snacks. Grumble.

And I had high ...liver something or other? Which came as a big shock, considering I don't drink alcohol at all.

And my 'bad' cholesterol levels were really excessive. So, I was told to avoid greasy/fatty foods to help bring that down.

I am supposed to go back in 3 months for a follow up, and if the cholesterol isn't improved, then I'll have to go on medication for it. Harumph.

Guess we'll see how things really are three months from now...

No comments: