Saturday, February 20, 2016

caucus

The Democratic Caucus was held today. I didn't attend, because I couldn't have even if I'd been able to. (I'm registered as an Independent.)
Plus, Irina had drama class at the exact same time that the caucus was taking place, so I took her to that, while Saren and Stephanie went and partook in the democratic process.

Saren was actually a Chairperson. !! And she picked up Bernie pins for all of us. So that was all pretty cool. Oh, and Stephanie agreed to be some sort of delegate in March. Or something. (Gah. I should have paid more attention to what she was saying, but the entire system is, you have to admit, WAY more complicated than it needs to be)

I am a little bummed that I couldn't attend, just for the experience of having gone, if nothing else. I mean, my being there wouldn't have made the outcome be any different.
Still. The Republican caucus is next Tuesday. Perhaps I'll change my registration to Republican, go attend, and then vote "none of the above" so I can have done my part.

No comments: