Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Borders lines

(If you're anything like me, you now have Madonna in your head. I'm sorry. Actually...If you're anything like me, I'm sorry.)


So the other day we went to Borders, and I used their restroom.

Bathroom graffiti has always been interesting to me. Complete strangers leaving (usually profane) messages for each other, really bad spelling, pictures of naked body parts ...it's like the computerless internet!

Here's what I saw this time around:
Someone had drawn (a pretty good likeness) George Bush's face, and given him a Hitler mustache. Next to it, they had written FUCK BUSH.

Someone else (I assume) had drawn a body for BusHitler. Except that it was a female body. And it was, of course, naked and spread eagle. Near the vagina, they had written FUCK THIS BUSH, with an arrow helpfully pointing.

On the far wall was written (and painted over, but still visible) the words: WORK IS SLAVERY

Below that were two other notes:
"Whoever wrote that is a lazy fucker"
and
"He must depend on the gov't 4 cash"

I need to remember to start bringing a pen into the public bathrooms...

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my God. Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a staircase on a bathroom door? That would be so awesome.

Simon said...

That's so much better than in British toilets. You usually get a phone number underneath which is written something like "Phone this number for [unspeakable]!"

*shudder*

CosmicAvatar said...

Heh. I'm now visualizing Amy's staircase. With icons.