Thursday, November 20, 2003

One more to go.

Thankfully the year is almost over. Just one more batch of PMQs to get through.

Not that I haven't enjoyed the PMs and whatnot, it's just...[sigh] Coming up with questions each month is hard. Answering them is harder.

What are you thankful for?
and
Who are you thankful to?
Nothing, and nobody. I'm a selfish, ungrateful piece of shit who takes everyone and everything for granted.



No, really.

Back in May, I asked a non-question: Name an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This month, I'll ask another non-question: Name an episdoe of Angel. (Again, I'm curious to see if anyone names the episode I'm thinking of, and also if any episodes get multiple votes.)
The episode I was thinking of was Fredless. Nobody mentioned that one.

"Well, who else did you know? What other famous people did you know?"
"famous" from the board = laser_doc, sarennharpersmom, bettie, oslowe, Del, mUrt, CassyLee, mayhem, Becky (mayhem's better half), sarennharper, starshine, Starspawn, Bally, Steorra, jadde, Aexia, The_Count, Jamie Marie, Great Attractor, Jewels, kirielle. I feel like I'm forgetting someone.
Famous from not the board = Ben Folds (from Ben Folds Five), Danny Elfman (from Oingo Boingo), Shirley Manson (from Garbage), Mark Slaughter (from Slaughter), Jill Sobule, Ian Ziering (from Beverly Hills, 90210), and probably a dozen or so local 'celebrities' (weathercasters, folks from local commercials, etc).
("Change" by Boingo) - sidenote: this is one of my all time favorite songs. I've referenced and/or used it in boqs more than any other song. This time, I believe, makes #7.

What is your favorite mondegreen? (feel free to cite more than one)
A mondegreen is a misheard lyric.
I've had several million, I'm sure, but my favorite (or at least, the only one I can think of right now) is:
"Shoot the children, with no shoes on their feet." (Whoa, there's a solution.)

[laugh]

What should you be doing now instead of this?
Sleeping. Or eating.

Um...
Sleeping.

"Does anybody know how the story really goes Or do we all just hum along?"
Yes.
("Big Bang Baby" by Stone Temple Pilots)


In general, do you feel older than your age, or younger?
Yes.
Mostly older. Lately I've been thinking of myself as already being in my 30s. [shrug]

One year from this month will be an election year in the US. Gaze into your crystal ball and sum up what you see.
That's not a question. But...
*shakes 8-ball*
MY SOURCES SAY NO

Hmm. That can't be good.

What's the last thing you remember dreaming about?
Cotton candy. And giddiness.
It's rather vague, actually.

"Is you am a dog?"
I is not.
("How many cans?" by Soul Coughing)

and finally...

What else ya got?
Heh. Yeah, those were bad times. Bad times.

No comments: