Thursday, November 27, 2003

Gagum.

And then, on the fourth Thursday of the 11th month, you're supposed to show thanks for everything. Finally, a holiday that gets it kinda right. (Yeah, I don't know either.)

The past two days were of the sore-throat variety. It's been a while since I've been ill, but I'm happy to report that it's still as crappy to go through as I remember it being. Yay for things that don't change!!

Yesterday, when I was in the midst of the sore throatness, Steph called me and informed me that my sister and my brother-in-law were both suffering from strep. Since we had just spent time with them, this did not bode well for me in my condition. Or the girls, either, since they'd likely catch it from me.

Today, though, when I woke up, the sickness was (more or less) gone!

HA!! Take that, mystery illness! My antibodies can Kick. Your. Ass!! [/US Military voice]

So, yeah, I'm thankful for my health. And my family. And food! Holy mother of stuff food is great! Steph prepared a turkey and it was yummy as all get-out. (What does that even mean?!) She also made mashed potatoes, pasta salad, stuffing, cranberry sauce (that required opening a can - I did that part.), rolls, and Pepsi. Yes. She made the Pepsi. Stop looking at me that way.

We ate earlyish, because I had to go to work at 3. Then, when I got to work, it turned out there really wasn't much for me to do. So, once everything was done-done, my coworkers agreed to let me leave early! Awesome!

Now I think I'm going to go eat some cherry pie. Because it smells really good. I realize that scents aren't able to be conveyed online (yet) but trust me on this one.

No comments: