Wednesday, April 07, 2021

filename: workrant

 statistically speaking, if you advertise on television, you're a god damn moron.

And I'm not talking about the efficiency of advertising, and whether that is something that is a waste of money, I'm talking about the agencies that do this for a living and (evidently) have no fucking clue what they're doing.

 How hard is it to be consistent in what you say in an email and what you deliver IN THAT SAME EMAIL? If you are going to ask us to run a spot called "Waste of time_30", don't send us a file named WOT30. Tell us you want to run WOT30. (Or change the filename to Waste of time_30. Either way is fine!)

But apparently that's too much logic for these people. And it's like a god damn epidemic in the industry! I would understand if it were one or two, but it's DOZENS of people who operate this way. 


This nitpick has been present in my job from day one, and it's just part of the annoyances that I have to deal with, and it's really not THAT big a deal. But... it kind of is? I mean. WHY is it so difficult for these companies to make that tiny tweak to make? Has nobody actually pointed it out before? 


I don't know. I just know that this (and a lot of other) things that are slightly irritating in my job are lately becoming much more grating to me. Maybe I need a vacation.

 

 


No comments: