Friday, February 28, 2003

Movie talk

Upcoming movies I want to see:
Bruce Almighty ~ Jim Carrey with Godlike powers. Based on a true story.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines ~ I still haven't even seen any of the trailers, but I'm all for flicks (or books) about killer robots. Go homicidal robots!!

Those Matrix flicks ~ Mmm. Special effects.

Dreamcatcher ~ I read the book, and liked about 50% of it. (I don't remember much of what happened, though.) Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt' the director of this movie the same guy who directed Superman (and Superman 2)? Those movies rocked.

Finding Nemo ~ Pixar makes movies that make me spend money on toys!!

Upcoming movies I don't want to see:
Anger Management ~ Adam Fucking Sandler is working with Jack Nicholson. Jack Nicholson!! Sigh.

Cradle 2 The Grave ~ Maybe I'd want to see this if I'd seen Cradle 1.

A Man Apart ~ Vin Diesel needs to be sent away.

Pretty much every other movie.

So last night we went to see Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (finally. Although now we only have to wait 10 more months to see #3. Haha to those of you who saw it opening night and had to wait an additional 2 months. [tongue])
And now, because I enjoy being mocked, I shall present you with some of my more moronic thoughts that occured to me during/shortly after watching the movie. Yay!
Warning: Spoilers for LotR:TTT ahead.

In
5
4
3
2
1


[-] Okay, so the freaky-skinned guy who was controlling the King (Steph told me afterward that he's name was Ringworm. (or something)) went back to Sour-man. But at the end of the movie, the Trees (I refuse to write Ents) broke Sour-man's dam. My question is: What happened to
a) Ringworm
and
b) Sour-man.

[-] I got the Elvish father and the Elvish Army leader confused.

[-] I got Borimir's brother (what was it...Fur-amir?) and the King's bannished son (the ones who surrounded Aragon, Gimli, and Legolas) confused.

[-] They start the movie with me having to see Gandalf "die" again?! Bastards!!

[-] I thought of Lord of the Drinks, like, 30 times.

[-] I thought of bettie's blog, like, 3000 times.

[-] Stolen from Steph's blog: Gimli was right. He is funny because he's short.

[-] Holy fucking shit it was FREEZING in the theatre.

[-] Who was the actor that played the RingWraith? I couldn't quite put a name to the face.

[-] Gollum was simultaneously apalling and sympathetic.

[-] I totally can't keep the "countries" and "kingdoms" straight. Steph was explaining how Ramen is a different country than Gondor, and I think I understand better, but my brain just works better with names I'm familiar with. Maybe I should either read the books, or rewatch the films.

[-] I can't wait for the third movie.

No comments: