Tuesday, June 22, 2021

And I Love Her - The Beatles

Today is June 22nd, 2021. The song of the day is "And I Love Her" by The Beatles. It's amazing to me that it took this long for a Beatles song to get picked.
See, the way I pick the song of the day is that I have a spreadsheet with some 2900ish songs on it. Each day (with exceptions for themed days) I use a random number generator to pick one of the songs. There are probably around a hundred songs by the Beatles (or post-Beatles stuff like Wings) on the list, and it took this long to land on one. Kinda surprising is all. 

Anyway, since I got a Beatles song, I'm going to get myself a Pepsi. (There's a whole story behind THAT too.) Back when I would drive in to work each day, I would hit "scan" on the radio and I would tell myself if I hear a Beatles song, that's the Universe telling me that it's okay to get a Pepsi on the way in. To this day, I still like to use The Beatles as a marker for doing things. "I'm hungry, but I'm working, so I'll wait until I hear the Beatles to go grab my lunch."  

I think "And I Love Her" may be my favorite Beatles song.

No comments: