Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Harry Potter Code

JK Rowling knows the mysteries of the universe, and they are hidden within her opuses.

Now, for the low, low price of 19.95*, I can reveal to you how to discover your very own personal message from Ms. Rowling!


You will need all 7 Harry Potter books in order to do this properly.

You will also need to know your birthday.

In each book, go to the chapter that corresponds with your birth-month. (Chapter 1 if you were born in January, Chapter 2 if you were born in February, etc.)

Then, pick the word that corresponds with the date that you were born.

Do this for all 7 books.

So, if you were born on April 19th, you would pick the 19th word out of Chapter 4 from each volume.

Here is my Harry Potter Code (June 14th), in case you are curious:

scared from day room straight weeks followed


(What does it mean!?)

If you take the time to work this out, please share. I'm curious if anyone else gets anything that almost resembles some sort of coherent sentence.

*About 19.95 seconds, which is probably about how long it took to read the entry, I suppose.

2 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

I was going to do this, but my copies of Prisoner Of Azkaban and Goblet Of Fire have mysteriously gone AWOL. Dear lord, why??

(I wish I'd discovered this before ending up with a pile of books precariously balanced on my lap. Bah.)

Amy said...

Dude, this is just what they used to do with Vergil during the middle ages.

My message: One the Hermione flanked top and on.

Punctuation can make all the difference.