Thursday, November 04, 2004

Cheaters never win.

Except, of course, when they do.

I'm cheating on the date. I didn't blog yesterday, but as Annika said, " I will allow myself to pre- or post-date entries" so I'm justified in tinkering with time. Ha! Tinkering with time!!

Um. Funny thing is, I don't have anything to say. I could talk about how Bush stole this election, too (Legitimate my ass) but I really don't want to get into political crap. The feeling of overwhelming despair that comes whenever I think about it is too horrible. I've been trying to look on the bright side of the outcome of Nov. 2nd, and while it may be a stretch, I think I've found some.

Maybe, just maybe, Bush will be what finally pushes us to Rock Bottom. Maybe, just maybe, having a so called leader make life so goddamn unbearable will wake people the fuck up. Maybe, just maybe, a cultural awakening will result from whatever travesties come from Bush & Co. Maybe.

I mean, it's got to happen eventually, right? Maybe Bush will be the catalyst. Maybe it'll be Peak Oil. Maybe it'll be global warming's effects. Maybe it'll be the extinction of some species that we vitally depend upon. Most likely, it'll be a combination of those (or some other factor I've not even considered). I also suspect that it won't happen yet. I'm really leaning toward 2012. 8 more years! 8 more years!!
[sigh]

I don't know. What's something more positive to talk about? Anyone? Anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The feeling of overwhelming despair that comes whenever I think about it is too horrible."

I know the feeling. I've been avoiding all political posts as well as real life discussions because I just can't stand it right now.

~starshine~

Simon said...

And you can push away from Rock Bottom and soar back to the top. Yes!