Tuesday, June 10, 2003

I'm nowhere near done working on the template change (in fact, I've barely scratched the surface), but I've decided to make my blog "known" to the world once more. There's a link in my (rather empty) profile at the WD, and I'll be making this a Public Blog again on blogger, so there's a chance that when I update, it'll show up on the "last updated" screen. I'm also giving permission to anyone reading this to link to the blog, if they so desire.

Let's see - what should I blog about?

I finished reading Ishmael today. Certainly an interesting book. It's amazing how strong the voice of Mother Culture is. (Heee. "Mother Culture" sounds like something out of an edited for tv movie. Maybe from Die Hard 5: Die Hardester!. "Yippie-Ki-ay, Mother Culture!")
Joking aside, I found myself agreeing with a lot of what Ishmael (the character) had to say, but then instantly finding myself saying, "But, no, it has to be this way." [sigh] People.

We went to the library today, and we checked out another Daniel Quinn book. (The Story of B) I'm sure Stephanie's already started reading it. [grin]
I also checked out Sims, a sci-fi book set in the not-too-distant future in which a corporation alters the genes of chimpanzees to create a sub-human slave class. I've not yet begun it, but I'll keep you all informed.
It seems that since we're in rerun season, the amount of reading I'm doing has increased. Yay for that. I just wish there were more people to discuss books with. I saw that Jess had read Otherland and that made me very happy. I keep meaning to fire off a PM to her about that. Speaking of books and the WD, I've wanted to, for a long time, create a "book club". Just never have due to laziness (and I'm not sure how it would work, exactly.) Maybe I'll do that this summer. (Most likely not. [wink])

In other news, I've nearly complete the "listen to all of our tapes while driving" mission that I started back in February. Funny thing about that - I discovered that I really like Morphine, Sebadoh, and Robyn Hitchcock. All of which I had previously dismissed. I was a music snob back in the day. [doh2]

OH! Jupe - gilibeanz made a boq about hair. I answered it already, and mentioned the P@fro. Figured you'd want to take a look at that. [smile]

Okay. I'm gonna mess around with the template a bit. So if things look odd, at least I have an excuse.

No comments: